Hey everyone! I mentioned to you all a while back that I bought the Garnier Curl Calm Down Cream to try on my not so manageable curly hair. I recently finished the entire bottle and wanted to share how I feel about the product!
I have pretty curly ringlets that tend to get frizzy without any product in it. I enjoy having a natural look without looking like I have stiff curls. I also have a reasonably large amount of hair.
The cream claims to:
- 24hr definition, frizz control and intense moisture
- With nourishing shea
- Makes hair super soft, with a great curl pattern
(Claims are thanks to the Garnier website!)
Retails for: $4.29
Things I liked:
- Texture of the cream
- Smells wonderful!
- Makes my hair feel soft
- Packaging! It has a pump!
- Great for touch ups (For example: If I wanted to pick up my hair on the third day, it would be great to slick back my hair for a messy look.)
- Price is great!
Things I DIDN’T like:
- Didn’t do much to my hair without applying other products.
- Always felt like I had to use a lot of cream to get all my hair.
- Product didn’t last very long since I always had to use a lot.
All in all, the product felt good on my hair but if I used it alone, it just became a frizzy mess because it didn’t hold my curl very well. If you don’t have frizzy and extremely curly like mine then it might work for you as a light cream to give you some kind of hold. If you have curly hair like mine, I would suggest pairing this product with some sort of mousse and hairspray for a more contained look.
For more reviews, check out the Garnier website!
Please let me know if you know of any other products I should try!